Author: Alexis

The deaths of two Americans in a hotel in Mexico City were linked to carbon monoxide poisoning

The deaths of two Americans in a hotel in Mexico City were linked to carbon monoxide poisoning

Three Americans found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning at Mexico City Airbnb, official says A pair of British tourists have died in a Mexico City hotel on the same day, raising concern that carbon monoxide could have been the cause.

A man and a woman found unresponsive in an Airbnb near the airport in the Mexican capital were both American, the city’s deputy mayor reported late Monday, as authorities in neighboring Texas announced they had arrested a man in connection with the deaths and a separate case of carbon monoxide exposure at a home in Fort Worth.

Officials found that the two Americans may have been victims of carbon monoxide poisoning in the hotel they were sharing, Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum said.

The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City issued a travel warning for Americans in Mexico City, and U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday tweeted that the United States would “work closely and in a coordinated manner” with Mexico in an investigation.

The couple’s death was the latest in a series of fatalities linked to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police said they were called to the hotel around 4 a.m. local time (4 p.m. ET).

The couple had checked into the hotel, where a security guard saw their car was not parked in the guest parking area, and alerted police, officials said.

The victims were pronounced dead at a hospital before forensic medical teams arrived.

The hotel was the same one where the U.S. government issued a travel warning on Dec. 10. Three days later, hotel staff found two people dead from carbon monoxide poisoning and an investigation was launched.

The latest incident occurred after an unrelated carbon monoxide alarm at the hotel was tripped on Dec. 15 and sent out an automated call to staff.

The hotel’s manager said the alert was triggered by a sensor that detects carbon monoxide. The hotel had an occupancy rate of 98.5 percent at the time.

Carbon monoxide is used by hotels and other businesses to provide a pleasant, safe and low-cost alternative to lighting fuel.

But carbon monoxide poisoning can harm the brain, nervous system and heart. It can cause suffocation and can cause a severe headache. It is not known if carbon monoxide poisoning in the hotel in Mexico City was linked to the three Americans.

The incident has sparked criticism over safety at

Leave a Comment